A personal business coach can be your cheerleader, your task master, your sounding board and your advisor. A coach can help you overcome the fear and anxiety you feel about your business decisions. You can use them to help you evalate the risks and opportunities involved in a particular business direction. In short, your Business Coach is there for you — to support and push you to achieve more.
Business Coaching involves two, 50 minute calls each month. Prior to each call, you complete some homework and a call prep form that will provide the basis for your discussion. Calls can be conducted via phone or with a webcam and usually involve some of these five elements:
- Check-in. What’s new since the last session?
- Homework review. Did you finish your assignments?
- Troubleshooting. What issues need to be addressed?
- Assignment. What needs to be accomplished before the next session?
- Wrap-up. What did you accomplish, and what do you plan to accomplish?