I’ve been really good this year. I worked hard and played well with others. I delivered quality work to my clients. I paid my fair share to the government like a good business owner, and cut checks for my subcontractors within 30 days.
Since I’ve been so good, this is what I’m asking for:
- A stress ball. The fiscal cliff, recession, healthcare reform – how much can a small-business owner take? When I want to freak out over what I read in the news, I want to be able to calm down and remember that this too shall pass. I want a top-of-the-line stress ball, not one you got for free at a trade show.
- Bifocals. It’s easy to get lost in the day-to-day of my business. Bifocals will help me see further. Make sure they are nice designer ones. My favorite color is blue.
- A funny movie. When I’m having a stressful day, Buddy the Elf or Dr. Richard Harpo Thorndyke could really help me out.
- Turbo-charged coffee. I’ve got a lot of work to do, and sometimes I get tired. This new brand of coffee apparently has 200 percent more caffeine than other types of coffee. Can’t hurt to try?
- A frame for my family photo. Owning my own business can be challenging, but there’s a reason I persevere – and it would be nice to have a picture of them staring at me all day.
You’re the best, Santa. And I promise I will leave you real cookies this year instead of the Snack Wells I left you last year.