If you want to become a better business owner, first you have to become a strong leader. But as the saying goes, “Great leaders aren’t born, they are made.” So how do you get there?
Here are some great leadership blogs that can help guide you in your journey.
- Leadership Freak Amid a sea of ho-hum leadership blog names, Leadership Freak obviously jumped right out at me. Dan Rockwell (a.k.a. Leadership Freak) gives you just enough information to get you thinking … and then sends you off to do your own work. Leadership Freak should be a stop on your morning blog routine.
- The thoughtLeaders This blog was started by leadership consultant and author Mike Figliuolo. Mike and his team write about leadership, strategy, career, communications and customer service. I like it because it contains the insights of many different thought leaders.
- HR Bartender Sharlyn Lauby’s HR blog doesn’t appear to be a leadership blog at first glance, but it is in an indirect way. Posts like like this one on company values are great resources for business owners who are looking to strengthen their teams.
- Random Act of Leadership Susan Mazza is one of the few female leadership bloggers out there. As a leadership consultant to large corporations, Susan writes from an insider’s point of view. This blog has a more corporate feel than other leadership blogs so you will have to sit up straight when you read it.
- Jason Seiden Bonus points for blogs that are educational and make me laugh. Jason Seiden’s is one of them. All if not most of his blog posts include videos of him speaking. Good stuff.
- N2Growth. Mike Myatt is a leadership advisor to Fortune 500 CEOs and their Boards of Directors – and he wears a black mock turtleneck so you know he’s a deep thinker. I give him an A+ on blog presentation and an A on content.
- Great Leadership by Dan. Dan McCarthy is a leadership development expert who writes about the highs and lows of being a leader and everything in between. The best way to describe this blog is that it’s a nice guy’s guide to leadership.
- Leading Blog. Michael McKinney’s blog has been around since 2006 so it has an extensive library of leadership development articles. Solid content, no fluff.
- Wall Bock’s Three Star Leadership Blog. You never know what you’re going to get with Wally Bock’s blog — a three-sentence post or one with 10 paragraphs. Regardless, everything he writes is thought-provoking and interesting.
- Brain Leaders and Learners. This blog is written by Dr. Ellen Weber, who developed MITA, which is a brain-based approach to foster innovative leading and learning. Fascinating stuff.
Did I list any of your favorite blogs here? Which ones did I miss?